I haven’t had time to blog…but I have lots to blog about. I’ll get to it soon.
We finally have made a decision about our cat. She’s had 2 more seizures since I last blogged about them.
One was again with the vacuum on and the other was this week.
The one this week was kind of the eye opener one. Like, this isn’t just a fluke thing. I could go into the many reason why we’ve made the decision we have, but I don’t think the excuses or reasons are as important as us realizing that we can’t care for her in the way she needs, and what kind of life is she living here.
So we’ve decided to contact some no-kill shelters and see if they will take her in. If not, then we will probably put her down. Unfortunately.
It’s such a hard decision to make. But we know our limits and this exceeds them. it’s not a money thing, or anything like that. Really, we’ve put so much money and emotional energy into Topaz, so it’s nothing like that. We honestly don’t think she’s living much of a life here…and someone could do better.
She’d be a great cat as the “only” cat and with someone who will care for her seizures.
So, it’s a sad decision for us, but hopefully a good one for her. I hope we can find a rescue to take her in and not have to go through the alternative.
Anyway, that’s where we’re at right now.
The rest will wait.