2010 is on its way out and 2011 is coming in full force!
I am not one to make resolutions but this year there are a few things that I’d like to try to stay focused on:
- Getting healthier – I know I can do it and I know how to do it, it’s just a matter of actually DOING it. I want to start the year out right and work at eating healthier, moving more and just taking better care of myself!
- Appreciating the small things around me – I read a blog that is super inspiring. The woman who writes it truly loves life and celebrates the small things as well as finds the beauty in them. I want to be like her when I grow up!!
- Keep my house clean – housework is my nemesis. Nuff said!
- Put my best foot forward at work – it’s scary out there as far as jobs go and I don’t want to give my employer any reason to get rid of me, so I’d like to get focused, stay focused and work “above the line!”
- Put in my best effort with school – my classes are so quick and it’s easy to get behind. I need to get organized and stay organized and be consistent throughout the sessions.
- Keep to deadlines with my volunteer work
- Work harder on relationships with friends – I’m a horrible friend, I need to work on it.
- Read a book – actually read it and not listen. I may get it for my Kindle app on my phone, but I want to read a book.
- Blog more often!!! – I will really try
- Start the 365 Day project again
- Learn to use my DSLR camera – I’ve had it for over a year and have NO clue how to use it!
When I think back to this day last year I was really hoping that 2010 wasn’t going to go in the same direction as 2009 ended on. But it really didn’t. 2010 was not a bad year for us. I am still working, Todd had a relatively healthy year minus some bumps in the road, I switched schools and have direction and have been doing well, we went to Disney World in October and had a blast….it’s been a good year.
And it will be a good New Year as well. I’ll make sure of it!
Happy New Year!
Let’s start the new year right
Twelve o’clock tonight
When they dim the light
Kissing the old year out
Kissing the new year in
Let’s watch the old year die
With a fond good-bye
And our hopes as high
As a kite
How can our love go wrong if
We start the new year right?
Lyrics from “Let’s Start the New Year Right” from the Holiday Inn Soundtrack