A lot has been going on lately. We had to put our beloved puppa boy, Topaz, down a little over a week ago. It hasn’t been easy and we’re all adjusting to life without him. I think the animals are all adjusting well; the humans however…not so much. I actually think our girl, Onyx, is doing great and is loving being an ‘only’ dog. Topaz took a lot of our attention and she kind of got pushed to the side a lot, so it’s all about her now again. So where I thought we really were going to get another dog (puppy) right away…we may hold off on that for a little bit and just enjoy the one we have.
I didn’t want to totally not write about losing Topaz but the longer I waited to write about him, the more difficult it becomes. I plan on making him a proper memorial graphic and when I do, I will definitely share it. In the meantime, here is a photo of his last full day with us. He was unable to really walk without stumbling and just laid here in the grass for a while. Definitely not the same crazy dog he always was.
More than just that has been going on. I will update on that later though. That is a post in itself.
For now, I am going to take this time to reflect on the goals I made for myself at the beginning of 2014. I will comment in red and the ones I completed are crossed out.
- Read 4 non-smut books all the way through. Yeah, I didn’t do this. There is actually still time though. I haven’t read much of anything lately.
- Blog at least once a week. Nope. I have blogged more though. Working on this as well.
- Write one book review a month on my blog. Again…no. I don’t think I’ll be doing even one of these. Good in theory.
- Organize and clean my office and keep it that way for at least a whole month. Still time…I did clean up a lot but organize and keep it that way? Um, no. However, still time.
- Work on my housekeeping skills. I have kept the kitchen clean now for a long time!! I didn’t cross this one out because I’m still working on it.
Lose 30 lbs.WOO HOO!! 41 lbs as of today!
- Average 5000 steps a day. I average about 3000 or so steps daily. I need to work on this.
- Walk the dogs once a week spring – fall. I have many reasons why I didn’t do this…but I will work on taking the Miss out for walks this fall.
- Decorate the house for Christmas. Definitely happening this year!
- Plant flowers and
fix the landscape in the front.We did not plant flowers…but we did the landscaping!
- Clean out the items to donate in our garage and actually donate them. Still time to do this. Still need to do this!!!
- Have family over for one meal. Probably won’t happen…just keeping it real.
- Plan a monthly date night with my husband. Didn’t happen…could happen the remaining months of the year.
- Watch one classic old (black and white) movie a month that I haven’t already seen. Will try to do this for the remaining months of the year.
- Cook dinner each night for one straight month. I do cook more…however, we do still have pizza on ‘cheat’ nights. lol
Try new recipes.Have tried a lot of new recipes!
- Learn to use my DSLR manual settings. Still would like to do this.
- Take a photo a day and post it to Instagram. No…
Pick a word for the year and keep it close to focus on it.Word is SHINE. I blogged about it on peargirly.com.
Actually wait till my phone is ready for an upgrade to upgrade to the iPhone 5S. – Silly, but I struggle with this!I waited and now the 6’s are out….UGH!
- Make something…anything!! A craft, a DIY-make-it-yourself something. Again…still time.
- Skype with my nieces and nephew at least twice a month. I do this about once a month. I need to do it more often though.
- Use the crock pot at least once a month. I barely have used the crock pot lately.
- Attempt to make a Thanksgiving-type dinner with turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, and veggies. Still time and I’d still like to do this!!
So…there’s the update on the goals. Some I’ve met, some I’m working on and some I still have time to meet.
How are you doing on your goals for 2014?? Leave me a comment and let me know!
Till next time…..Heidi