Hello! My name is Heidi. Welcome to my blog.
You’re here to read a little bit about me, so let me give you the facts:
- I’ve been married to Todd since 2001 and we have been together since 1995.
- We live in a mitten – Michigan, duh! – and house a small zoo. (4 cats, 2 dogs)
- We don’t have kids and probably never will. I struggle with this on a regular basis.
- I work full time in Detroit and have worked for the same company for 19 years.
- I want to design websites, be a graphic designer, or lay out newsletters/magazines when I grow up…actually, that’s pretty much my dream job.
- My husband has Antiphospholipid Antibody Syndrome and Lupus.
- I volunteer for two non-profit organizations as their webmaster: APS Foundation of America, Inc and Canine-Epilepsy Resources.
With the basics out of the way…just a few more :
I like purple, pears, and puppy breath. Not in that order. I am sarcastic and quick witted. I usually say what I mean, however, I usually don’t mean it how it comes out. Because of this, my friends sometimes introduce me to others with a disclaimer. *I have a disclaimer – how funny is that?* I do not like birds or moths. Both creep me out. I have an obsession with office supplies and currently own more pens than I will ever use in my lifetime. Yet.I.Keep.Buying.More.
I love all things Disney and have corrupted my husband to love it as well! I get my nails done regularly and love glitter but I am SO not a girly girl. I just discovered that I like tea and drink it daily – both hot and cold. I am pretty comfortable in my own skin and am pretty much what you see is what you get.
I work in customer service and struggle with confidence and empathy. I don’t know how to express myself sometimes. I am very creative but not overly crafty. I think if I had kids all of that would be different though. I do not like change, but have found in the past year that it may not be as scary as I once thought.
I am a typical Taurus girl. I love glitter and shiny things but hate the color pink – although I think Magenta may be my power color as I am ALWAYS drawn to it. I am really hoping to use this blog as an outlet to discover and express myself more. I read a lot and most of it is smut. It’s nonsense and I love it. I listen to Christmas music year round. In my family we have a saying, “everything in excess.” This explains why I tend to go big or go home.
Favorite quote: “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” ~ Dr. Seuss
Anything I missed? Feel free to contact me!!